Great game and works well on Manjaro and EndeavourOS :)
A downloadable game for Windows and Linux
Game comes with a free Steam keycode.
Exile Squadron is an action-packed, sidescrolling shoot ‘em up, inspired by the classics of the genre. As part of an elite fighter group, you will be granted a huge variety of upgradeable weapons, which you can use to stop the invading Colonial forces. Destroy your enemies as fast as possible, collect points, and put your highscore on the online leaderboard.
It’s 2120. With the creation of advanced ion engines, even the furthest planets of our system came within our reach. Mankind finally conquered the Solar System. After several long and bloody conflicts, humanity realized that only together can they create a better future for themselves. Decades went by without armed conflict. Earth and its Colonies lived in a golden age.
Then, in the blink of an eye, everything changed. The Colonies invaded Earth without warning, and destroyed all opposition in their path. As one of the best pilot on Earth, it is up to you to stop the Colonial forces.
- Fast-paced gameplay, where you have to put your reflexes to the test.
- Primary, secondary and auxiliary equipment, which you can upgrade between levels.
- Distinctive weapons, which feel and play differently (no more “samey” lasers).
- Unlockable Ironman mode for the “shmup gods”.
- Destroy enemies rapidly to increase your score multiplier.
- Collect points, build up your score and compete with others on the online leaderboards. (Online leaderboards are only available in the Steam version, which you get for free with your Itch purchase.)
- Secondary missions on every level, which reward you with extra points.
- Detailed backstory about the future of Earth in the 21st and 22nd centuries – unlockable through collectables.
|Updated||9 days ago|
|Release date||Sep 29, 2019|
|Author||One Bit Studio|
|Made with||GameMaker: Studio, Aseprite, Adobe Photoshop, Audacity|
|Tags||2D, Arcade, Difficult, leaderboards, Pixel Art, Retro, Sci-fi, Shoot 'Em Up, Singleplayer|
|Average session||A few minutes|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Xbox controller, Playstation controller|
|Accessibility||Subtitles, Configurable controls|
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $8.99 USD. Your purchase comes with a Steam key. You will get access to the following files:
- Game released for Linux11 days ago
- Game updated to version 1.0411 days ago
- Game updated to version 1.0360 days ago
- Game updated to version 1.0260 days ago
- Announcing the 1st Exile Squadron Championship66 days ago
- Exile Squadron released71 days ago
- Fixes, balancing for Early Access86 days ago
- Exile Squadron is available as Early AccessSep 30, 2019